The Middletown Port Authority was created to meet the unique development needs of Middletown. Port authorities have the power to create a sales tax exemption programs; directly incentivize specific community needs such as additional infrastructure, open space, parks, and environmental and/or community assets; loan funding at competitive rates; acquire, own, sell, lease, or transfer property to economic development projects; and facilitate job creation projects/programs and all types of residential and housing projects/programs to fight blight and invest in neighborhoods.
The Middletown Port Authority is a separate political subdivision from the City organized under Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4582. Its Board members are appointed by joint action of the Mayor and City Council and meets as needed.
- Ken Cohen, Cohen Recycling, Board Chair
- Jim Kleingers, The Kleingers Group
- Chris Xeil Lyons, City of Middletown
- Greg Martin, Martin Excavating, Board Vice-Chair
- Tal Moon, City of Middletown
- Jim Palenick, City of Middletown
- Mike Stautberg, Atrium Medical Center Foundation
Port Meeting January 25th at Noon, City of Middletown, Conference Room 2C